Debt Management Forum - debt management from abroad
About Us Contact Us Debt Management Companies Do I Qualify For Debt Management Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums

Debt Management Plan Forum
 debt management from abroad
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

busby
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2010 :  10:09:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

I moved away from the UK a couple of years ago and have been feeling guilty and worried about some debts that I left behind.

Is it possible to do a debt management plan or IVA if you live abroad?

Phil Corfield
Debt Management Expert

897 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2010 :  12:38:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello busby and welcome to the forum.

A debt management plan or IVA is possible to be conducted if you live abroad, providing the debts are all UK based. You would need to know who your creditors are/were, an estimate of the balances and the relevent account/reference numbers.

Can you provide some more detail as to what debts (i.e. credit cards/personal loans etc) they were and when you last had contact with them?

I am a CertDR qualified Debt Advisor and a Director of Bright Oak.
To contact me about a debt management plan or general debt advice please here:

Go to Top of Page

busby
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2010 :  13:09:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mostly credit cards Phil though there is an overdraft as well.
If I'm honest one of the reasons I moved here was to get away from the debts and the worry of not being able to pay them so there hasn't been any contact since I left. The total debt was around ?15000 though that was when I left and I dont really know what it will be now but Im sure it will be a fair bit more with interest and so on
Go to Top of Page

Phil Corfield
Debt Management Expert

897 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2010 :  15:47:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi busby

If you choose to make contact with your old creditors but not sure where to begin, you should obtain your credit file and see which companies are managing your debts. You can then chase the company up to get the necessary details.

Once you have this information, you should seek some further advice on how to progress. You may be able to afford the debts and pay them off direct, but by what you have said, I would assume that this is not your preferred option. You may qualify for certain debt solutions. It would be worth you reviewing what these are before tackling your debts straight away.

Keep in touch on how you get on.

I am a CertDR qualified Debt Advisor and a Director of Bright Oak.
To contact me about a debt management plan or general debt advice please here:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Management Forum © 2010 - 2017 Debt Management Plan Forum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Complaints Procedure | Other Sources Of Help | Credit Rating | Forum Rules | Terms of Use | Privacy & How We Use Cookies
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Debt Management Plan Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435421.