Debt Management Forum - job vs debt management plan
About Us Contact Us Debt Management Companies Do I Qualify For Debt Management Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums

Debt Management Plan Forum
 job vs debt management plan
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DebtDumb
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  13:10:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
if i do a debt management plan will the company i work for find out. I work in a bank.

Debt Management Advisor
Debt Management Expert

366 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2010 :  13:31:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi DebtDumb and welcome to the forum.

Neither your debt management company nor your creditors will have any reason to tell your employer that you are in a debt management plan. In fact it would be quite wrong of them to do so.

There is no public register of debt management plans. This is in contrast to other options such as bankruptcy, IVA's or Trust Deeds (Scotland). There is a publicly viewable register for all of these.

One way that your employer would be likely to find out about your debt issues would be if a creditor took legal recovery action against you and then applied for an "attachment of earnings".

I have never seen this happen to somebody in a debt management plan. The reason for this is that the Court is unlikely to allow the creditor to claim more than they are already receiving via a debt management plan. The legal action is therefore consuming of both money and time for the creditor without any real benefit.

I suppose another way might be if they credit-checked you but comparatively few employment contracts include provision to check credit records. As a bank worker I'd suggest you check your contract of employment on this subject.

Do you owe any money to the bank that you work for?
Go to Top of Page

DebtDumb
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2010 :  18:09:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

thanks for the advice on the contract. as i thought, i can't go bankrupt or do an iva because i'll be sacked. i do owe money to my bank - overdraft and a staff loan.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Management Forum © 2010 - 2017 Debt Management Plan Forum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Complaints Procedure | Other Sources Of Help | Credit Rating | Forum Rules | Terms of Use | Privacy & How We Use Cookies
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Debt Management Plan Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435421.