Debt Management Forum - PPI Claims When In DMP!
About Us Contact Us Debt Management Companies Do I Qualify For Debt Management Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums

Debt Management Plan Forum
 PPI Claims When In DMP!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

easyessex

4 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2015 :  19:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have been in a DMP for around 5 years now and have put off making any PPI claims as thought it to complicated and using a PPI collection agency's seem expensive, and with stories of successful claims, but claimants left still owing money, I went it alone!!!

Anyway I have now made several claims and my DMP has told me that all my debts have been moved on/sold.

My debt management company has also told me that if I make successful claim and the debt has been sold, any refund will be return directly to me.

I have now received a refund from Barclay Card, albeit for not very much, but I have now received 3 letters or the last 2 weeks, 2 from MBNA and 1 from the Halifax saying I will receive cheques in the post. All of these debts are now with other companies one being Cabot I think. Am I likely to get the cheques, will they reduce my debt or send any refund on to the company now running the debt? Does anyone know or is it just a waiting game?

Whilst this situation is a win, win no matter what happens, the outstand cheques amount to more than some settlement offers I have had in the past, so clearly I would like the cash to try a settle a complete debt, rather than having it reduced etc.

Has anyone found themselves in a similar position or able to offer any advice?

Thanks in advance.

Phil Corfield
Debt Management Expert

897 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2015 :  11:04:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi easyessex

This could be a "wait and see" process like you say. Other forum members may know more.

Why not contact the original creditors and ask them?

I am a CertDR qualified Debt Advisor and a Director of Bright Oak.
To contact me about a debt management plan or general debt advice please here:

Go to Top of Page

easyessex

4 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2015 :  11:43:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I was hoping that someone else had already found themselves in my position.

I have contacted the original creditors, well I have tried, but the info I have, which is just to say that a cheque will arrive within 28 days has come via a recorded message as I have found it impossible to talk to a real person.

I'll update and things progress or not as the case maybe!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Management Forum © 2010 - 2017 Debt Management Plan Forum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Complaints Procedure | Other Sources Of Help | Credit Rating | Forum Rules | Terms of Use | Privacy & How We Use Cookies
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Debt Management Plan Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435421.