Debt Management Forum - given wrong advice
About Us Contact Us Debt Management Companies Do I Qualify For Debt Management Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums

Debt Management Plan Forum
 given wrong advice
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnypb
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  08:29:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
was in dmp for 2 yrs then went on to iva,paying less on iva than dmp,think its wrong dmc never said to me in first place to get an iva,meant i have lost 2yrs,can i do anything about it ???

Phil Corfield
Debt Management Expert

897 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2016 :  12:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi johnypb and welcome to the Debt Management Plan Forum.

If you believe you may have a complaint against your former DMP company then you can file this by contacting them directly. You may be able to do this on their website.

You can take your complaint further to the Financial Ombudsman Service should the reply you receive not be satisfactory to you.

I am a CertDR qualified Debt Advisor and a Director of Bright Oak.
To contact me about a debt management plan or general debt advice please here:

Go to Top of Page

Susieb
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  18:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been in a dmp for 6 years with Payplan and every year I have a review my case officer tried to persuade me to enter into an iva. I feel pressurised to do so. I had my review today with payplan and once again I feel I am being push towards an IVA. Do payplan employees get a bonus for tranferring us to an iva. It feels like they do.
Go to Top of Page

Phil Corfield
Debt Management Expert

897 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2016 :  12:25:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Susieb and welcome to the Debt Management Plan Forum.

It will be your choice to enter an IVA, so regardless of the "pressure" you may feel from Payplan, no one can force you.

I wouldn't know how Payplan work. It is likely though that if an IVA seems a suitable route to getting you debt free quicker, the Payplan adviser is likely to keep on suggesting it.

I am a CertDR qualified Debt Advisor and a Director of Bright Oak.
To contact me about a debt management plan or general debt advice please here:

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Management Forum © 2010 - 2017 Debt Management Plan Forum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Complaints Procedure | Other Sources Of Help | Credit Rating | Forum Rules | Terms of Use | Privacy & How We Use Cookies
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Debt Management Plan Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435421.