Debt Management Forum - DIY DMPS
About Us Contact Us Debt Management Companies Do I Qualify For Debt Management Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Debt Management Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums

Debt Management Plan Forum
 DIY DMPS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nickd

11 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2016 :  20:13:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi im in a DMP with Payplan. I have 12 months left and I will be debt free.Last year I missed a couple of payments because of car trouble but Payplan never informed my creditors.Now Metropolitan Debt Collection Services on behalf of HSBC keep ringing me asking me to do my own DMP. With only having a year left I said no but im unsure if ive done the correct thing. Any advice would be great please

NP DRURY

Phil Corfield
Debt Management Expert

897 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2016 :  11:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi nickd

Are MCS asking you to take just themselves out of your DMP and for you to pay them direct? I wouldn't suggest you doing that. If all creditors are in your DMP then they're all being treated fairly.

I suppose the question to be asked is why do they want you to do your DMP yourself? What is the advantage to MCS from you doing that?

Have you informed Payplan that MCS are calling you? Are they able to reset the DMP for you to cease the calls?

I am a CertDR qualified Debt Advisor and a Director of Bright Oak.
To contact me about a debt management plan or general debt advice please here:

Go to Top of Page

nickd

11 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2016 :  18:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi no MCS want to do the DMP joint with all the creditors. They were just being awkward asking to get missed the payment last September and they rang me in January this year to ask Payplan to resend the income and expenditure form for the DMP to continue(they had been taking all there money since September) I think they were trying to be awkward.

NP DRURY
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Debt Management Forum © 2010 - 2017 Debt Management Plan Forum Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Complaints Procedure | Other Sources Of Help | Credit Rating | Forum Rules | Terms of Use | Privacy & How We Use Cookies
(c) Channel Active Limited. Company Number: 06412452. Data Protection Registration: Z1332750.
Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Debt Management Plan Forum, 10 Bradenham Place, Penarth, CF64 2AG. Tel: 02920 435421.