Credit reports and credit ratings are frequently discussed in our debt management plan forum. Visitors often ask about their credit status. Sometimes this is to check who they owe money to (before starting a debt management plan), and sometimes it’s connected to rebuilding their credit status once the DMP is finished.
Working with Experian, we are able to offer Debt Management Plan Forum visitors with a free trial of the “CreditExpert” service. We selected Experian’s CreditExpert service for the following reasons:
- Which? ranked it “Best Consumer Credit Report” in 2011.
- It was ranked top by Which? for “Credit Report Accuracy”.
- It was ranked first by Which? for “Information and Advice”.
- The content was described as being comprehensive and well-presented.
- The sign-up and cancellation procedures are described as being very good.
- It provides many addresses and contact details for lenders.
- They have assured us that your details will not be passed to other companies.
There are some extra details we would like to share with you:
- You can get a statutory copy of your credit report by post for £2. The relevant address details for the three main credit reference agencies can be found at the bottom of this page.
- We understand that Equifax and Callcredit also offer free trials of their services (see their websites for details).
- Credit Expert becomes a paid-for service once the free trial period has expired. If you prefer not to carry on using (and paying for) this service in the future, you will need to remember to cancel it.
- If you sign up to the trial via the link above a small payment is made to DebtManagementPlanForum.co.uk.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the services provided by external parties. We therefore encourage you to confirm that the service is appropriate for your needs before signing-up.
Addresses for £2 Statutory Credit Reports
For additional details, or to facilitate an online application for your statutory credit report, please visit the websites of the credit reference agencies listed below:
Experian: Customer Support Centre, Experian Ltd, PO Box 8000, Nottingham, NG80 7WF
Equifax: Equifax Ltd. Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 1140, Bradford, BD1 5US
Callcredit: Consumer Services, Callcredit Ltd, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ